Position: Coordinator, Communications & Development (Part-time)
Permanent, part-time position that assists the Director of Development with marketing, event planning, department operations, social media, donor fulfillment, and acting as a liaison to the organization’s marketing firms. Position is 20 hours per week at $18 per hour. Includes paid time off (PTO) and retirement benefits after minimum qualifications are fulfilled.
Reports to Director of Development
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Position open until filled.
- Plan, develop and post daily social media posts for LifeSmart Youth’s social media pages for program and fund development.
- Support LifeSmart Youth marketing efforts.
- Coordinate publishing of TrustED Adults bi-monthly tips.
- Serve as a liaison with marketing firms to coordinate campaigns, events, etc.
- Write and coordinate publishing of quarterly enewsletter with marketing firm coordination.
- Assist in development of Marketing Plan.
- Actively communicate the agency’s mission to funders, donors, and the community.
- Assist with fundraising and implementing an annual development plan.
- Perform event coordination duties with the planning and implementation of LifeSmart Youth events.
- Assist with external and internal donor appeals and campaigns.
- Assist with donor and sponsor fulfillment, acknowledgement and recordkeeping in Salesforce.
- Prepare materials for TrustED Adult workshops and follow-up survey results.
- Solicit silent and live auction item donations.
- Pick up auction items within central Indiana (mileage paid; use own transportation).
- Assist with the planning and implementation of Development & Marketing Committee meetings and Board-related development efforts.
- Participate in all-staff meetings and other staff meetings as needed.
- Participate in professional training and development.
- Be familiar with personnel policies and procedures and the annual strategic plan of LifeSmart Youth.
- Attend and record minutes of Development & Marketing Committee meetings.
- Communicate with all staff members and remain informed of key agency matters.
- Observe LifeSmart Youth school and summer camp programs.
- Support and uphold the mission, vision and values of LifeSmart Youth.
- Be a team member with LifeSmart Youth staff, Board and volunteers and possess a positive professional attitude.
- Provide own transportation to assist with work-related errands and matters as needed (mileage will be paid).
Bachelor’s degree in communications/marketing or development field is preferred; however, equivalent related work experience may be considered. Exceptional writing, research and proofreading skills with interpersonal communication skills and demonstrated cultural competencies are essential. Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office software required, database experience a plus. Must pass applicable criminal history background checks.
To perform this job successfully the employees in this position must be able to demonstrates at least functional proficiency in most core competencies. Must be an energetic self-starter, demonstrate an ability to function in a team environment or independently, and relates well to co-workers and the public. This position requires flexibility and the ability to manage time and multiple tasks with moderate supervision. The position requires coordination and collaboration with staff, consultants, vendors, and partners. Must be detail oriented, prompt, able to multi-task, meet deadlines, and have a high attention to detail. Position also requires the exercise of good judgement and adherence to a strong code of ethics, and strong interpersonal skills and ability to problem solve.
LifeSmart Youth employees may have access to or be required, as part of the duties of this job, to view, use, and/or be aware of certain protected information or other facts about individuals that are of a highly personal and confidential nature. Employees must follow and adhere to all confidentiality and privacy policies and practices. Employees may also be required to follow additional confidentiality policies or practices required by certain programs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel assigned to this position. Other duties may be assigned by the CEO and/or Director of Development.